Do you like that image up there, the goal was that if anyone ended up here without seeing it beforehand they instantly regret being here. It’s chain mail time! I mean award post time.
I was nominated by You, Me, and Benny which is a phenomenal blog and it is an honor to receive a nod from such an accomplished and wonderful person. If you loves dogs & Disney it’s a delightful place to go check out. I am going to link to their YouTube channel here, but you can find them across many platforms. Again thank you for allowing me to have some fun and answer some questions…. however I have heard a rumor that someone doesn’t like butterflies which doesn’t sound very sunshinny to me. I might have to go to “the awards committee” and have a talk about this.
Before I get into participating in the award, I just want to take a moment and reflect on the idea of sunshine. When I think of sunshine I think of….. the sun (duh). But it also reminds me of a rap song, I’d encourage anyone to give a listen to; fair warning it is explicit but it defines my perception on Sunshine a bit.
” I always wanted to get picked on the cool team. But alone is exactly how I should be. I really wanna do right and it doesn’t matter we’ve got all the shine we need to find”All The Shine – Childish Gambino (Donald Glover)
When I first saw I was a “sunshine blogger” my initial reaction was: I guess someone hasn’t seen my Us review. But I use a song about struggle that eloquently puts it, that we have enough positivity, passion, and “shine” to us to carry on. So I take the idea of someone recognizing a sort of “shine” to me be an endearing compliment, I don’t think I should accept this award as such but when I go give my nominations I do hope they acknowledge that shine they have to them and continue to illuminate in such a fashion.
alright let’s get to the Questions and Answers portion, shall we?
In case anyone is confused as to why and what I’m doing and how you can do it as well if you’d like no pressure the rules go as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or your own post.
11 questions / 11 answers
Ashli of You, Me, and Benny has given me these 11 questions I must answer and here we go!
If you had a genie and 3 questions what would your questions be?
I might just be a jerk, or a word stickler but I’m making a distinction that this genie (hopefully a beautiful blue “Fresh-Prince” lookin’ fellow) said questions not wishes therefore I’m asking for knowledge not magic to solve my problems. Which is good because I know not to trust genies or myself to be very exact with my words therefore the three questions that have alluded mankind and need to be answered are:
- Is the poor mute cebu successful in communicating the imminent danger to the other passengers?
- Why is the sad Cebu sad?
- Is the canoe wood or aluminum?
Are you an only child or do you have siblings?
I am the middle child.
What’s your favorite book/book series?
I’m about to expose myself as someone who’s not the biggest fan of reading, it’s always been sort of a chore for me. However, reading can be great there’s plenty of blogs around that review books and go prowse them for more insightful recommendations. But books and stories I can recommend for many different taste palettes are:
- My favorite franchise is the Warriors franchise, I thought it had unique world building comparable to Naruto / Avatar the Last Airbender and it was imaginative and fun to follow the adventures of these cats (I’m not a furry, I swear)
- When I reviewed screenplays for a festival I came across one that was really bad that I got some humor out of it. To my astonishment you can buy this story version for $10 so if you want a story about a killer clown whose Aura is the most evil color “Khaki” then maybe pick up The Color of Evil by Connie Wilson.
- I love a collection of short horror stories from the internet voiced by one of the most pleasant voices on the internet Cryaotic. The can be intense and are presented so well so my three favorites are recommended here if you’d like a nice creepy story – Cry Reads: Auto Pilot/World’s Best School Psychologist/The Smiling Man
- Finally I do want to recommend some literature or stories I remember being quite interesting so: The Book Thief (Markus Zusak), Life of Pi (Yann Martel), Flowers for Algernon (Daniel Keyes) are three stories that have great themes and a uniqueness to them that I’d certainly recommend picking it up if you haven’t already.
Do you have pets? If so, explain!
My family has a long fur black Chihuahua that is not pictured above but is pretty much it. Personally I live in a place that doesn’t allow pets and this blog certainly ain’t paying for one so I’m fine with that for now.
What’s your favorite place to go in the Summer?
Disneyland was like a childhood tradition back in the day. I do enjoy the beach, bowling, movie theaters, anywhere with friends really.
If you would have dinner with any celebrity – dead or alive – who would it be?
Usually, I would have named a sports idol that I just would enjoyed the idea of meeting but I think I’d want to pick someone maybe I could relate to and enjoy a sit down with. For some reason, Saoirse Ronan is what popped into my mind I think she has a rich filmography to be an insightful conversion, and sort of has a genuine and mischievious personality that I think it’d be a fun, nice dinner to have.
What’s your favorite food?
If you would only wear one thing forever what would it be?
I don’t know how to answer this exactly. I’m really concerned about the definition of “one thing”. If I get to define “one thing” as like an “outfit” then Jeans, a hoodie, and basketball shoes (stylish but practical to wear in any weather). If “one thing” is ” one article of clothing” then I’m cheating and I will say the Suitsy this stylish one-piece suite which looks very nice. If we’re saying I can wear whatever I want but one item is permanently attached to my body then probably a rubber wristband.
What’s your all-time favorite animal?
Pygmy Marmoset. It’s damn cute. It’s so much fun to say.
Are you a scary movie fan?
Yes, of course I’ve reviewed many. I definitely prefer psychological or atmospheric horror over slasher and jumpscare horror but it certainly is always an interesting genre to explore.
If you could travel anywhere where would it be?
I’m a warm weather fellow and I’m intimidated by language barriers. Australia? I guess.
Here Comes the Sun…
doo doo doo doo. Now for my favorite least favorite part of these, the part where I feel like a nuisance and am bothering people who are just trying to live life. To respond or not to respond doesn’t matter but hopefully you know I nominate these people out of respect and admiration for their talented writings and reviews. Please check them out, I do like to recommend one specific post to you. Without further ado:
Thank you for sharing your unique perspective, I hope you continue to thrive and “live your best life”.
I just think their logo and site is really pleasing to look at. I’m not the biggest Game of Thrones fan out there but their comparison to Olympic Gods was an interesting read.
Someone admittedly, I should read more of. Another splendid Anime reviewer that can provide some nice critical thought while not being devoid of personality.
He’s cool, I guess. In serious, a really fun blog worth checking out.
Hi Jenn, hope the new apartment’s swell. Your site says I’m in hell zone… which seems to check out thanks for your awesome anime ramblings and such.
I found this blog through Lucy (Goes To Hollywood) but it’s an awesome pop culture, gaming culture blog that I’m glad I know of. Best of luck overcoming your recent struggles and adversities, shine on.
Nice logo. Picking this many people is difficult but I certainly owe Ms. Silverscreen for a Blog Complainer Award a while back and I know she won’t yell at me if I link over to here blog. Good blog, go follow if you’d like.
I just kind of agree, I would like cocoa with movie journalism. I like the sites aesthetic and rating systems it’s really neat, very nice.
Another blog that has been brought to my attention as I recently covered some Anime shows. I’m a nerd so only natural I would enjoy this wonderful blog spot. But will A Nerdy Perspective answer my questions? Only time will tell.
I enjoy your site’s aesthetic and content. Glad you’re on the up and up.
Very interesting often quick form content. I think it covers a lot of fun topics that someone who goes in great lengths wouldn’t find time to cover so It’s an appreciated change of pace. It’s a neat collection.
If any of you see this and would like to participate my questions for you are right down here.
- What is your favorite Score or Soundtrack to a film or television show (I will accept an Album or any collection of music if you find this question difficult to answer)?
- What is one piece of media you would like to see adapted to a different medium?
- A movie studio has decided to make a movie based on your phobia/fear. What is the title of that movie?
- What is one post or article you’ve written that doesn’t get enough love, you feel is underrated that’d you like more people to see? (Yes, shamelessly plug yourself)
- “Your Childhood is Ruined!” When someone decides to make a terrible reboot or remake of what?
- You are joining a band, what instrument will you play?
- What is your favorite color?
- For some odd reason, you must give a show-and-tell presentation at this point in your life. What are you bringing?
- What is an unsolved mystery that you wish you knew the answer to?
- You are given a magic phone with a T-Mobile Fave 5 plan that allows you unlimited calls to any fictional characters. Who’s in Your 5?
- You won a free trip in a time machine, you cannot interact with anything but you can witness anything your heart desires… where is it taking you?
The Final Words
I feel like I’ve said everything that needs to be said thanks to You, Me, and Benny be sure to check them out along with my nominees they might answer my dumb, silly questions and wouldn’t that be fun? Thanks for stopping by and as always the sun dawns to come back another day.